Janet's Abruzzo Edublog is proud to announce its fourth birthday. My blog has been going for four enjoyable years, and I hope to continue writing on it for many more years to come. Last year I didn't celebrate, and I vowed I would in 2012, after reading this blog post by Natasa.
My blogging adventure started four years ago. Since then, I have written and published over 400 posts, on a wide range of subjects. These include teaching English to students and teachers, thoughts on educational technology matters, experiments with many Web 2.0 tools, and my own lesson ideas and materials. In addition, I have posted my opinions of the beautiful region of Abruzzo, where I am currently living.
I would like to say a very big thank you to all my readers and viewers. I feel incredibly honoured and humbled that viewers from 171 countries from around the world have at one time or another taken the time to read one of my posts. Below are screenshots taken just now of the different countries. The first shows the top countries from the Clustrs list that is in my dashboard.
The second shows the countries where readers have visited occasionally:
Here you have a current view of the world map:
...and another view:
The most popular posts being viewed today include some which are over two years old!
Fun at the Lake is one of my most recent posts, and outlines some of the activties and lessons that I taught recently at the Lake School of English, Oxford.
Why do I blog? There are many reasons, but the most important ones are as follows:
- to share my teaching ideas
- to share my presentations and webinars
- to share my experiments with using new tools
- to reflect on my teaching
- to reflect on my experience of online courses
- to have a repository for my thoughts on teaching
- to connect with teachers and educators from all over the world
- to connect with my PLN
- to write my personal reflections on conferences I attend
- to write book reviews
- to write about my life in Abruzzo
- to connect with other bloggers via my sidebar
......... for reading my blog!!