Monday 24 January 2011

CO11: Free Online Conference 5th, 6th, 7th February 2011


Would you like to join me in attending Connecting Online 2011 a fantastic 3-Day Online Conference organised by Nellie Deutsch, from Integrating Technology for Active Lifelong Learning (IT4ALL)?

The Conecting Online 2011 Conference takes place on Friday February 5th, Saturday February 6th and Sunday February 7th via the WiZiQ online teaching platform. The series of free webinars are at the weekend, and so it will give more people the chance to attend this great event. There are many experienced presenters from all over the world, who will be sharing their knowledge of using the Internet and Technology for instruction and learning. There are 41 scheduled webinars, so there is a huge array of choice. Click on the link to see the list of talks and fantastic presenters.


Language in Motion: Teaching with the Flow
On Saturday February 5th, I will be presenting a talk that I first gave at Tesol Italy in November 2010. I have adapted and updated my presentation with a few more resources. The title of my presentation is: Language in Motion: Teaching with the Flow. I am passionate about teaching new words via the technology that is freely available on the Internet. I will outline some practical activities that work well for me in the classroom. I have created a lot of the activities myself, but I will also demonstrate how some of my students have used some Web 2.0 tools in an effective and engaging manner.

I do hope you will be able to attend the one-hour presentation at 9pm Western Europe Time on Saturday 5th February 2011. However, if you cannot attend, the webinar will be publicly available online. Here is a link with information below. Nearer the time, I will also embed a direct link to the talk again.

http://www.wiziq.com/online-class/442682-co11-language-in-motion-teaching-with-the-flow-by-janet-bianchini

I hope you will join me for a series of exciting webinars. I look forward to seeing you at Connecting Online 2011.

Below you can view a tutorial by Nellie Deutsch which gives you more information about the conference and how to access the webinars.

No comments: