Thursday 4 March 2010

FotoBabble



I found out about FotoBabble just now via my PLN's Twitter stream. I read about it on TeflTeacher Blog via the amazing Shelly Terrell from Teacher Reboot Camp. I couldn't resist giving FotoBabble a twirl, so to speak, and here is the result! It's a site which allows you to simply record your voice onto a photo that you can upload from your computer. You need to register (it's free), choose a photo, record your voice, press save and then add to your blog, or email it to your friends. It is that easy! I think the tutorial on TeflTeacher Blog is really helpful and I was able to follow the steps very easily. Next project will be to see if I can embed a talking photo onto a Wallwisher!! Why don't you give it a go yourself? Here is my embedded Fotobabble in a previous Wallwisher that I created.


NB Can you guess what Joey is thinking as Chikita walks past him?

6 comments:

Shelly Terrell said...

I love your fotobabble and how you asked a question at the end. I think that is a great way to get students to begin a discussion. I really thought the idea of integrating it with Wallwisher was very clever. I like when different tools complement themselves so wonderfully!

Janet Bianchini said...

Thank you so much Shelly for taking the time to view my fotobabble! I had great fun with it and the ease of creating one really surprised me. I think students would love to try this tool out and combined with Wallwisher, it becomes even more useful and exciting!

Ian James said...

Thanks for the mention and link, Janet!

Janet Bianchini said...

My pleasure, Ian!

Unknown said...

Hi Janet!

This is Zoe from Fotobabble.com. We love your post and your Fotobabble--I like the way you narrated the chicken's thoughts. I'm going to tweet this out to our EdTech pals, now!

Thanks for the great Fotobabble inspiration, and contact us if you have any questions or suggestions.

take care,
Zoe

zoe@fotobabble.com

Janet Bianchini said...

Hi Zoe

Thank you for your very kind comments. I am so glad you like my fotobabble of Joey and Chikita. It was great fun creating it!

I look forward to creating some more fotobabbles in the future.

Best wishes

Janet