Wednesday 15 July 2009

ToonDo - creating my own cartoon

Being a very inquisitive type of person, I couldn't resist trying out a new Web 2.0 tool which I have just read about in the July 2009 edition of Modern English Teacher. Russell Stannard has written an article called "Web 2.0 for ELT" and in it he describes 5 exciting Web 2.0 sites he has enjoyed using. I liked the sound of ToonDo and decided to look into it. Below is a very simple cartoon that I was able to create in seconds. ToonDoo is an amazing resource and I believe students would have great fun creating their own comics or books. Russell Stannard has made an excellent video on how to use ToonDoo on his Teacher Training Videos site. I will be studying this video lesson very carefully and hopefully I will create my own book soon!



2 comments:

Alex Case said...

That was the thing that really jumped out at me from this edition of MET too. Am going to try and work out how I can use it with my primary school aged kids today

Janet Bianchini said...

Would love to know how you get on...

I have no idea when I will have the time to actually create a book in the next couple of weeks but hopefully by the end of 2009 i'll showcase one on my blog!